Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Super Bowl Spot Shoot week, Night 2

We had the pre-production meeting today. I realized I was really into my job (and had gotten a little out of touch with reality) when I didn't think it was weird at all that 2 hours of this meeting were spent discussing if the sports bras and shorts the talent would be wearing was revealing-but-not-too-revealing enough. Some clues that would have helped me come to this realization sooner (and reasons I really like my job are): I had to respond to emails with subjects like "cup size", "sports bras" and "cleavage", I stayed late Friday night researching sports bras that provided tasteful cleavage, and the highlight of my weekend was having my girlfriend try on designer sports bras, expensing the purchase of said sports bras, and remembering I was told to do so by my boss's boss's boss.

LA is very different than NYC. Huge understatement. But...50 degrees and rainy provides a topic for awkward conversation with anyone you meet, its not uncommon to see tables of four texting and ignoring each other for 10 minutes at a time, and happy hour is nowhere to be found. That last one is especially sad. More to come on this...

A company that sells us advertising took us to Koi for dinner tonight. Koi is a trendy sushi spot. There is a Koi in Vegas and New York as well. $1MM to have your logo placed where no one even notices it is worth sushi, wine, dessert, and sales and marketing people agreeing with everything you say because you are the client. Didn't need to come to LA to realize that though.

I'm a little nostalgic because I realized a $1500 dinner doesn't impress me as much anymore. Where we're from a lot of our friends have never tried sushi. But, why pay that dough when the food isn't even cooked. Kinda makes you think the Japanese are lazy. Also, where we're from we have to try a lot harder to make conversation than just bringing up the mid 50 degree and slightly overcast weather in December.

Bobbo trained Tracy Jordan I mean Morgan today. Love the irony in the fact that I'm in LA shooting a Super Bowl spot and Bob's got the best celebrity story I've heard in awhile.

More sports bras and booty shorts tomorrow at final casting. Should be a doozy.

No comments: