Shot the Super Bowl Spot today. Can't really say much about the actual spot but there are 2 models in it, one of which is one of those chicks that opens suitcases on Deal or No Deal with that no talent ass clown, Howie Mandel. The other chick was supposedly a Victoria Secrets model. Having models around is funny for two reasons:
1.) the obvious reason
2.) Watching how dudes act around them.
In my short experience being around dudes and models, I've noticed that a few archetypes emerge:
+ You have the guy that just wants to small-talk them to death, hoping all the face time will just wear on them and either a.)result in a breakthrough, b.)appear to the other guys that they are actually making progress, c.) allow them time to work up the nerve to make some kind of move
+ The guy that was just friends with chicks in high school. The highlight of that dude's day is the hug goodbye.
+ The dude so threatened by a really hot chick that he works very hard to convince everyone else she is not that hot. He finds random flaws like weird elbows or just simply says, "she's just not my type". Whatever dude. He'll then go on to describe his type, which ends up sounding like the exact opposite of the really hot chick present.
Seriously though, today was the height of my short career. Hopefully I haven't peaked too soon. I was involved with the shooting of a commerical that will appear during the Super Bowl: advertising's biggest stage. Its basically equivalent to if I were a football player and my team made the game, except that if that metaphor were going to work you'd have to say I would be equivalent to an offensive lineman, maybe a tight end at best. Linemen open holes for running backs to run through. I make sure my bosses pay attention to the things they are supposed to and approve them. My shining moment, like Kevin Boss's big catch in last year's Super Bowl, was probably when I said something like "She needs to turn the bottle in her hand a little bit".
Tomorrow we shoot a spot that is basically a male version of today's spot. It is supposed to air during American Idol a couple of times. Kind of the antithesis of today but still important. The director just wrote us all an email about being a pissy little bitch at some points this week. He said he was just passionate. I'm going to remind him he is getting paid a lot of money to shoot scantily clad models pouring sports drink on themselves and chalk his disposition up to the fact that he's from Jersey.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment